Why ICARE RX ?
ICARE RX fills prescriptions for complex, higher-cost drugs as well as offers retail pharmacy services. ICARE RX works with your doctor and your health insurance company to ensure that you have access to the right drug and that it is covered by your insurance if possible. We can even find out if financial assistance is available that can reduce your costs for the medications.
How do I place an order?
- Your medical provider sends us, by fax or e-scribe, your prescription order along with your contact information
- If your medical provider issues you a paper prescription order, you can bring it directly to us
How do I obtain refills?
- We will call you before your medication runs out to set up a new delivery
- If your medication refills run out, we will contact your provider to request more refills
- If we cannot reach your provider, we will call you
How will I know if my drugs are covered by insurance?
ICARE RX will coordinate with your provider and your insurance company. Many specialty drugs require prior authorization which means that the insurance company needs documentation before they will cover a higher cost drug. ICARE RX will notify you as soon as possible about the results of this process.
What support will ICARE RX offer me?
- Monthly wellness check with a review of any questions or concerns you may have about your medication
- Refill Reminders
- Available pharmacists to speak with you
How can I access medications in case of an emergency or disaster?
- For a medical emergency, please dial 911 immediately
- In case of a disaster, call us at (305) 251-7414
- Our sister pharmacies located in different states will be on hand to help in any way
- If our out of state Pharmacy cannot help, we will make every attempt to help you find a local pharmacy that can
How do I check on prescription status?
Call us at (305) 251-7414
Where can I find information on prescription substitutions?
Call us at (305) 251-7414
How do I transfer a prescription to another pharmacy?
- Call us at (305) 251-7414 or
- Have the new pharmacy contact us
How do I obtain medications not available at the pharmacy?
- Your medication will be ordered for next day pick up or shipment
- If the medication is urgently needed, the pharmacy staff will attempt to locate it at another local pharmacy
How should I handle medication recalls?
- Don’t panic – most drug recalls are for minor issues
- Get Educated – visit the FDA website. You can sign up to receive alerts on product recalls and market withdraws.
- We will contact your prescriber, your clinic and you directly if the recall is classified as a Class I Recall (has serious health consequences)
- Play it Safe – If you notice anything unusual with a medication such as tampering, odd smelling or contamination, notify us at (305) 251-7414 immediately
- Safely discard recalled drugs – follow our how to dispose medication instructions below
- Call your doctor
How should I dispose of medications?
- Follow the disposal instructions found on the drug label or patient information sheet
- Never flush prescription drugs down the toilet unless specifically instructed
- Take advantage of local community sponsored drug take back programs
If no disposal instructions or take back programs are available:
- Take medication out of its original container
- Mix it with an undesirable substance (used coffee grounds, kitty litter, dirt)
- Place in a sealable bag, empty can or leak-proof container
- Throw away
How do I handle adverse reactions?
- If you suspect an adverse reaction to your medication, review the medication’s packaging and contact your doctor, clinic, or our pharmacy at (305) 251-7414
- Do not suddenly stop your medication unless you suffer an acute serious problem For a medical emergency, please dial 911 immediately
How do I handle a missed treatment or delivery?
- If you do not receive your order on schedule, please call us immediately at (305) 251-7414
- If you missed a dose and it is close to your next dose time, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time. Do not take two doses at the same time.
How can I report any concerns or errors?
Patients seeking to contact the pharmacy to file a grievance or complaint may do so by calling at (305) 251-7414 or the Florida State Board of Pharmacy (850) 245-4292